Elk River Exterior Remodel Contractor Northface Construction 763-433-2269
Elk River is a beautiful city that houses a vast amount of history and boasts a strong economic environment for the businesses and citizens that reside here. Northface Construction is a local construction exterior remodel company that is lucky to call Elk River it’s home. We are located right on Main Street in downtown Elk River on the riverbank of the beautiful Mississippi River.
657 Main Street NW #90, Elk River, MN 55330
We feel a strong connection with our local area of Elk River as an exterior remodel company. We have been blessed to be a part of the preservation of the city developments through remodel projects of all sizes and scopes. It is important to Northface Construction to be able to help increase property values and aesthetics with value engineered designs and products that we use in our exterior remodel projects locally. We believe in sustainability, of our local area of Elk River. We make sure to cater to the specific local needs of Elk River and Surrounding resident and businesses alike by providing quality, and value-driven exterior remodel services.
Our Services include but are not limited to;
Roofing- Asphalt shingle, Metal panel, Metal shingles, TPO flat roofing and EPDM flat roofing. These include full replacement, repair or inspection of all these types of systems.
Siding- Vinyl, Engineered Wood, Wood, Metal installation or repair.
Gutters- Aluminum Seamless gutter installation, replacement or repair.
We pride ourselves in maintaining a consistent, local quality-driven workforce. By providing higher quality and better customer satisfaction we hope to bring our own influence of sustainability to Elk River locally. We believe that by providing jobs to local residents, providing valuable service we are directly stimulating the local economy of Elk River and the surrounding areas. By maintaining this revenue stream locally we can make sure that profits, salaries and home investment growth will directly be utilized locally.
If you are interested in talking to us about your next exterior remodel project please call us at
763-433-2269 or use our Contact US feature below!
I started in the construction industry at age 15, from that point forward it has been my life. Over the years being involved on numerous projects of various sizes and scopes I realized that there was a need for a different kind of contracting company. A company that values the quality of the client experience and the trade craftsmanship provided. Many companies say that they provide these things and they might, but, we have established quality management protocols, tools and systems that keep a tangible grip on maintaining our quality here at Northface Construction. By doing this we are able to measure our key performance indicators on all facets of the client experience to hold ourselves accountable and maintain a certain expectation of quality throughout.
Northface Construction is built to serve our clients to a higher satisfaction than any other company in the market today. Every decision I make for this company is based on the values that create the personal interaction and finished projects that are needed in the modern construction industry. The market is different today than that of even 5 years ago, which is why we promise to our clients to be constantly pursuing new technology and systems that provide higher value, efficiency and quality to the services we provide. The days of high pressure sales are moving out the door, we know our clients are smart and informed individuals who need a consultant not a salesman to satisfy their construction needs.
Since starting Northface Construction, there are a few core values that have remained and been the building blocks for our success with our clients. The core values are Sustainability, Honesty and Customer Service. Sustainability is an idea that means a lot to me and Northface Construction, it is built from three pillars of sustainability; Environmental Sustainability, Social Sustainability and Economic Sustainability. Northface Construction ties all three of these concepts into every decision that we make. I know through these actions that we can have a strong positive influence on the communities, people and companies we impact.
“I personally stand behind every job that Northface Construction contracts and always will be an advocate for customer service and quality oriented construction.”
As a metal roofing contractor Northface Construction takes pride in the drastic changes in appearance and performance that we can provide to our clients.
These clients were referred to us and it was a great opportunity to work with some wonderful people. Upon our first meeting it was established that the client was highly interested in doing a type of metal roofing on their home but were unsure of what type was the best option for the amount they were looking to spend. We spent time developing three different proposals for these prospective clients. Each of these options had their benefits and budget. As part of our service process we were able to EDUCATE the client on what each option provided and actively listen to what their specific needs were. After identifying the needs of our client we were able to CONSULT them on which option might be the proper metal roofing system would be for their application.
The client chose to go with Central States Panel-Loc Plus System with 26 Gauge metal. This is because it provided the appearance, performance and fit in the budget in which they were comfortable with.Upon completing our first two goals of Educating our client and Consulting them it was time to provide the third goal to DELIVER a quality result on our promises. We set a schedule for the build of the project, pulled the applicable permits, and ordered an efficient amount of material. As a professional metal roofing contractor our initial goal was to complete the project in 5 business days and due to the optimal efficiency of our process we were able to cut that short and complete the project in 4 working business days!
This was a great project and the transformation was phenomenal! These clients went from having a failing outdated roofing system to a weather-tight, beautiful metal roofing system that will perform for a lifetime! As you can see in the photos the dramatic difference in curb appeal is astounding and we are proud to have been the metal roofing contractor of choice for these clients!
If you are interested in learning more about the metal roofing systems that Northface Construction installs as a metal roofing contractor please give us a call today for a FREE estimate and consultation at
Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists Mission
“To represent homeowners and contractors at the state level by lobbying for fair and appropriate laws. “
“To improve professional and ethical standards of our industry while educating homeowners and supporting the community.”
We are excited to announce that Northface Construction is now a member of Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists! This association was founded in 2009 in response to harmful legislation proposed at the capital. Since then the associations numbers have grown to include suppliers, distributors and many top notch exterior contracting companies. It is important for Northface to be involved in not only our local community but the state of Minnesota as a whole in protecting the industry from unfair legal changes that could affect homeowners and construction companies alike. We fully agree with the ethics which are upheld by the Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists and how we can positively influence the industry to serve homeowners and create jobs at the same time.
We decided it was in our best interest to join this association for a number of reasons, the first of which being our clients. This association values ethical business practices and protects the rights of homeowners and contractors through lobbying efforts at the capital. This association is also another validation of Northface Construction’s dedication to quality craftsmanship, processes and relationships. As a member of Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists, we are required to uphold certain expectations in how we conduct business, serve our customers and our impact on our local community.
- Must be in business for 3 or more years
- Must be in good standing with BBB
- Registered legally with the state of Minnesota
Membership Code of Ethics
- Pull all applicable permits required for construction
- Perform construction to meet or exceed all codes and manufacturing specifications
- Advertise with integrity and honesty
- use ethical sales practices
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and professionally
- Honor financial obligation to vendors, laborers, taxes etc in a timely manner
5 Reasons to Choose a Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists Contractor for your next project!
ALL members are vetted by their peers…OTHER CONTRACTORS!
ALL members are LOCAL – No out of state “Storm Chasing” companies that will disappear after the storm has passed.
ALL members must be in business at least 3 years to qualify for Minnesota Association of Exterior Specialists.
BBB Certified – 95% of our members have an A+ BBB Rating.
ALL members are checked yearly for Department of Labor and Industry for enforcement or actions.
The standards and mission that MNAES upholds and strives for are truely important in the pursuit of an ethical and fair market for homeowners and contractors alike. By being a member of MNAES Northface is fulfilling our mission of customer satisfaction through quality relationships, processes and affiliation.
If you are questioning the lifespan of your roof or think that you may have experienced roofing storm damage at your home you need to Get a Quote or get a free damage inspection from us here at Northface Construction.
Roofing storm damage may occur when weather related activities occur such as hail or high winds occur. It is important to call a professional roofing contractor who actively engages in storm damage business such as Northface Construction.
Once you have gotten in touch with Northface Construction regarding your roofing storm damage we will immediately schedule a day and time that works best with your schedule to have our project consultant come and do a thorough inspection of your roof. During this inspection, the project consultant will identify any damage that may have occurred that would be covered by your insurance company. During this time you will have informational literature regarding Northface Construction and the roofing storm damage insurance claim process.
When the project consultant has finished their inspection they will provide you with documentation of the damage found on the roofing material along with the long term effects this may have on the life of your roof. Our project consultants are highly trained in the identification of hail and wind damage on roofing materials so you can be rest assured that we will not recommend to file a claim on damage if we believe it is not substantial enough.
Upon presentation of the roofing storm damage your Northface Construction Project Consultant will provide you with detailed instructions and information to pursue filing an insurance claim. Our service on your behalf only is just beginning at this point. Our project consultant will meet with your insurance adjuster during the insurance companies inspection of the roofing storm damage. We will provide a detailed estimate for the insurance company based on the damage found during our inspection of the property and negotiate the claim settlement amount upon real and true market rates of our area. Northface Construction is highly knowledgable in the negotiations with insurance companies regarding the price and scope of insurance claims as we are Independent Construction Contractors of America trained.
Once the scope and price of the project are determined for the roofing storm damage loss on your property Northface Construction will immediately put your project into production. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and quality craftsmanship. We maintain that through the use of technology and quality management practices that we have specifically designed to serve our customers to a higher level than competitors in Minnesota.
We are proud to boast that over 50% of our business comes from referral business from highly satisfied clients that we have served. You can be positive that you are making the right choice when you choose Northface Construction
If you would like to schedule your FREE damage inspection or FREE roofing estimate
CALL TODAY at 763-433-2269 or 844-612-HAIL or click GET A QUOTE
Thank you for your time and opportunity to serve you,
Northface Construction is proud of our valued team that contributes to our success as a contractor in the Minneapolis metro areas. We would like to share more about our construction team and who we are with our clients so they may know us and what makes us the best at what we do. So it is our pleasure to introduce Katie Swisher our Office Manager to you all!
Katie Swisher is our glue that holds us together here at Northface Construction. Katie is founder Josh Swisher’s wife and she is a large reason behind our success here at Northface. Katie is in charge of the administrative work and makes sure that Josh keeps on track. Katie has a Bachelors degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stout in Food Science. Currently she is pursuing her MBA in business at St. Cloud State University so she can hone her business skills to an exceptionally high level.
Katie has a knack for organization and extreme detail in all of the work she does. Katie is highly skilled in Microsoft office, Photography, Acculynx, technical writing, creative writing and customer relations. She has a personality that lets her learn quickly and a wonderful person to work with. She is in charge of our company organization, customer relations, business communications, billing, marketing design and collaborates on our strategic planning. Her background in science brings a diverse knowledge base to our construction team that creates collaborative thinking from multiple backgrounds and experiences.
Katie has a pet micro-pig named “Chunk” and has her own business being a food blogger who focuses on gluten-free and organic recipes (Food by Katie). She enjoys fine dining, cooking, photography, exercising, traveling and spending time cuddling with her pig and husband. In the future she strives to grow her food blog to an international level and continue working with her husband Josh in growing Northface Construction.
It is important to us here at Northface Construction to value diverse background, knowledge and experience on our construction team. The combined experiences of our team in our collaborative development of systems to serve our clients is unrivaled. We strive to understand what our clients value most in their construction experience and work to provide the extra efforts it takes to make their experience with Northface Construction a wonderful one.
Josh Swisher, President and founder of Northface Construction started in the roofing industry at age 15 working for his neighbor. He started as a “gopher” laborer and through the 5 years working for that company became his employers right-hand man. Josh then started pursuing his college career while continuing to complete roofing and exterior remodeling projects as an independent contractor providing labor for numerous contractors. During his college career Josh was being asked by numbers of aquaintances and friends to do their roofing projects for them as he had a gained a reputation of quality and honesty in his work and takes great pride in what he does. So in 2010 Josh established Northface Construction and obtained his Minnesota Home Builders licence (BC665389). From that point forward, the company began to grow while Josh was still in college. The more roofing projects Northface Construction did the more referrals and people started reaching out to have their roofing projects contracted by us.
Today, Northface Construction operates with the vision of delivering quality through craftsmanship, processes and relationships. We do this through use of technology and standardized business operating procedures that facilitate efficiency and quality. Josh has a vision of bringing the opinion of roofing contractors to a higher level one client at a time. Northface treats it’s clients as project partners whose goal is the same as ours, to complete your roofing project in a fast, efficient, and cost effective manner with high quality craftsmanship.
Picking the right contractor for your roofing project can be a hard decision. It is best practice to get multiple bids, question each contractor on how they will complete the project, verify references provided, verify insurance and licensing etc… Most reputable roofing contractors should be able to provide all of the previously mentioned factors without much issue. But, when you are at the point of really making a decision on who to choose what will be the deciding factor? We believe it is trust.
Trust is gained through experience, honesty, reputation and many other factors. But, in the fast-paced technology driven world it is hard to know the right roofing contractor to trust and the one who sells their way into gaining your trust. Here at Northface Construction it is important to us to build our reputation through our client base more than anything else. The reason being that when someone you know and trust can refer you to another party you know they have been vetted, tried and tested. Our customers are our greatest advocates here at Northface Construction and it has all started from a humble beginning.
If you are interested in meeting us and talking about your next roofing project please call 763-433-2269 for a free consultation
It is our goal here at Northface Construction to Educate, Consult and Deliver to our clients. A way of doing that is by providing this vital information to use when searching for a roofing company to trust with your roofing project. We have compiled a list of qualifications to look for and ways to make sure you are choosing a trusted roofing company.
Are they licensed?
- Most states require licensing though the Department of Labor and industry (DOLI) if you are a roofing company. Minnesota is a state that DOES require licensing for roofing companies to be able to pull permits and complete roofing projects. To check the license status of a company go to DOLI License Lookup tool on their website.
Are they Insured?
- Minnesota requires a roofing company to have minimum insurance policies in good standing to maintain their licensing with the state of Minnesota. However, DOLI only checks in on that insurance during time of license application and renewal. So DO NOT assume the roofing company has currently active insurance policies if they say that they are required to for licensing. Always verify that they are insured for the work that they are completing
Do they have references?
- Many roofing companies can give you references, so the important part of this is to do you due diligence when you receive these references. You should contact these references and not only get the opinion of the company and the quality of the work but ask how they solved this references issues and what types of specific efforts did they make to satisfy their needs. This will give you not only an indication of if the roofing company can perform the work in a quality way but if they really are seeking to satisfy your needs in the way you need them met for your roofing project.
Do they have photos of past work?
- Photos tell a good story, but only when they are high quality and aimed at the details. You want to be able to see the straight courses of shingles on the roof. See how they silicone exposed nail heads, how they make sure they install ice and water barrier etc.. If the roofing company can only supply bad quality not detail oriented photos, or they are only from the street etc. You may want to find out where these houses are and do drive by and see if the product matches what they say.
What are their online reviews like?
- The beauty of technology today is we are connected to anything and everything we can think of. There are numerous websites that you can check a companies reviews on such as Yelp, BBB, Google, Houzz, Angie’s List, Facebook etc.. These online reviews tell a great amount about a roofing company in not only the quality of the craftsmanship but how they treat their clients and how satisfied those clients are. But, the thing to remember is if you do see a bad review about the roofing company, make sure you look to see how the situation was handled or if the client ended up satisfied by the company in the end. There are always going to be issues at some point in time for every company, but it is just as important how they address these issues as much as it is how often these types of issues occur.
What additional certifications do they have?
- By looking at what types of certifications a roofing company has you can tell a lot about what they can offer in terms of knowledge, warranties, extra value, quality and their pursuit of customer service. If they are constantly keeping up with certifications installing the newest products, technology and service approaches you can bet that they are ahead of the curves and know how to serve their client to a higher satisfaction level than that of your typical hometown roofing company.
How soon can they complete the project?
- This may seem odd as a way to find a trusted roofing contractor, but I think it is a creative way to see how realistic they are on accomplishing completion and to weed out the desperate roofing company. If they say they can get to work within a day or two either one of two things are happening; they had an opening that needs to be filled and the stars have aligned in a way that it is practical to complete, but, in most cases this can be a sign of a desperate roofing company who does not have a strong book of business already going. A reasonable timeline once a project has been contracted is to be able to start the job a week later at the soonest.
What does your gut tell you?
- When it comes to important decisions such as choosing the roofing company to complete your project I personally believe that trusting your gut feeling can usually be a good indicator. If you smell BS and your gut tells you so, do not move forward. You should feel comfortable with the roofing company and the individual representing them and the decision to move forward with that roofing company should be an easy decision to make because you feel trust in their capabilities as well as their character.
I hope this is able to give some good insight for how to choose a trusted roofing company and helps avoid the catastrophic situations that can arise when a unreliable roofing company is hired. Northface Construction has had many situations where we have been contacted to fix what was left behind or have been told of bad stories of situations homeowners have been left in when they chose a company without fully vetting them. If you have any questions or comments please share your thoughts!
Northface Construction LLC
Roofing Contractor Anoka
Northface Construction is the preferred Anoka roofing contractor . We install many types of roofs on both commercial roofing and residential roofing applications. From small roof repairs to large multi-building commercial projects you can be rest-assured you are choosing the right roofing company to protect your investment. When hiring a roofing contractor you should consider their capability and reputation. Northface Construction has full capability to do almost any type of roofing system with a highly recommended reputation for quality, service and competitive pricing.
Some of the types of roofing Northface Construction services:
- Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common type of roofing material used in residential roofing applications. Northface Construction provides full re-roofing and repair services for all different types of shingles such as executive style shingles to the more common architectural or 3-tab shingles. As a GAF certified installer we are also able to provide our clients with 50 year limited warranties. We also service storm damage insurance claims by working on your behalf to get you the claim settlement you deserve and to install your new roof better than it was. Northface Construction has completed hundreds of roofs over the years with wonderful quality and recommendations making us the roofing contractor Anoka needs.
- Metal roofing provides a sleek look with exceptional protection for your investment. Whether you are looking to install a thick gauge commercial standing seam roof or a corrugated (pole barn style) roof on your home, Northface Construction is the Roofing Contractor Anoka needs. Metal roofs provide higher uplift resistance, unique color choices, hail resistance and qualify for insurance and energy savings!
- EPDM (rubber) flat roofs are a great way to protect your flat roof on your home or business. We provide ballasted, fully-adhered, and mechanically adhered rubber flat roofing systems for full re roofing or repair service. Most local roofing companies are not as qualified as we are to handle these types of projects, Northface Construction is fully experienced and qualified to be the rubber roofing contractor Anoka needs.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) flat roofs are a wonderful type of roofing system. TPO roofs are a blended rubber that is welded together at the seams instead of taped or glued. What this does is it actually can make the seams the strongest part of the system if done properly. Since the seams of a flat roof are the most likely to be the causes of leaks installing a TPO roof can be a great investment because of the assurance of performance. Northface Construction has vast experience installing TPO flat roofs and is the TPO roofing contractor Anoka needs and is serviced by for full roof replacement and TPO roof repairs.
If you would like a FREE consultation about your roofing project, please CALL our office at 763-433-2269