Almost every homeowner has some horror story about the time that they got duped by an unreliable contractor who provided low-quality work (or didn’t complete it at all ?). Unfortunately, it’s all too common for homeowners to get taken for a ride by these unreliable roofing contractors, and if it’s happened to you, it’s understandable when you’re hesitant to hire a new one.
But when you need roof repairs or a replacement, you’re going to have to find someone you can rely on to get the job done right, because you can’t go without a functioning roof. And we’re here to help you find the right roofing contractor to take it on.
Read this helpful homeowners guide to learn how to hire a roofing contractor you can trust so that you don’t get taken advantage of ever again.
Qualifications for Professional Roofing Contractors
There’s no time to waste when you need a new roof over your head to protect your home and family. So with that said, let’s jump right into the qualifications you should be looking for in a quality roofing contractor or roofing company during your initial search:
- Experienced. The best roofing contractor is one that’s been in this line of work for years or even decades. Look for local roofers with extensive experience in the roofing materials you’ll be using in your roofing project.
- Licensed. Some states require roofing companies and contractors to be licensed in order to safely and legally provide their services. Look for a business with the right licensing.
- Safety-conscious. Hiring a roofer who’s a stickler about safety is always smart since roofing is one of the world’s most dangerous kinds of work. Seasoned professionals should already have the proper safety equipment to ensure no one gets injured in the roofing process.
- Bonded and insured. It’s also crucial to find a company that is properly insured with liability insurance and bonded as well so that you won’t be on the hook if your new roof installation never happens.
- Provides references. True professionals will have plenty of proof that they’re reputable contractors and can always provide you with references from past customers or commercial clients to verify these claims.
- Gives free estimates. Most roofers provide a written estimate of the cost of your repairs free of charge so you’re not blindsided when the project starts, and it’s a big red flag if that’s not the case.
- Offers workmanship & materials warranties. When hiring a roofing contractor, you want to ask about warranty details and avoid roofing companies that don’t offer any.
- Established locally. Although it might be cheaper to go with independent roofing contractors over well-established companies, it’s important to choose a legitimate business and not someone who’s just working out of their backyard tool shed. Check out different roofing companies to see if they have a brick-and-mortar location before scheduling your services.
Ensuring that your roofing contractor possesses all of the qualifications listed above is a pretty decent guarantee of a roofing job well done.
Qualities Roofing Contractors Should Possess
You don’t want to work with a contractor who keeps dodging your calls or gives you a low-quality result when your home improvement project is complete. It’s important to do your due diligence in order to find professional roofing contractors you can put your trust in to get the job done well for your home.
The right roofer will possess the following qualities:
A reliable roofer who works quickly but safely, and keeps you in the loop throughout the process, is going to give you a more positive experience during your roofing job. The hard part is actually finding this enigmatic, mega-efficient roofing contractor, but we can help with that!
How to Hire a Roofing Contractor You Can Trust ?
Are you struggling to find a roofing contractor that you feel comfortable with when you need a roof installation, repairs, a complete roof replacement, or any other types of roofing jobs? We can assure you that you’re not alone, and plenty of homeowners can relate. But we’re here to help you learn how to hire a roofing contractor that you can trust to do a good job.
Just follow the six simple steps below:
1) Do Your Research Online
When you first start out hiring a roofing contractor, search through online reviews and ratings to get a better picture of the potential contractors in your area. Places to look online include:
- The Better Business Bureau
2) Ask Around for Recommendations
The best way to find local pros to fix your old roof is through word of mouth which can help save time on your online search. Ask around with friends, coworkers, or neighbors when you search for prospective workers to see if anyone knows good roofers who can tackle your roofing project.
3) Avoid Storm Chasers & Door Knockers
If your area is prone to hail storms and other severe weather, you need to watch out for roofing scams and money-hungry pseudo-contractors that we call “storm chasers.” ⚡️??
If a roofer shows up on your doorstep with an estimate ready to go without ever even inspecting your roof, it’s a surefire sign they’re not actually skilled enough to do the repair. They’re likely just going to take your money and run, so stay aware of those red flags.
4) Get Multiple Estimates
When hiring professionals for any kind of home improvement project, you want to get multiple quotes and compare the cost estimate from each company. Although you might be inclined to go with the lowest bid, that might be an indication that those prospective contractors will do a bad job, while a mid-range quote might land you with the longest-lasting roofing repairs.
5) Compare Quotes
As we mentioned above, not all roofers and roofing companies are created equal, and once you have a few estimates in hand, it’s time to start comparing quotes so you can pick the best roofing contractor or company to tackle your project.
6) Find Out About Warranty & Financing Options
Once you’ve selected a roofer to do the repair, you’ll want to learn more about the final cost, what types of warranties are available, and if you have any financing or payment plan options. A new roof is never cheap, so these kinds of things can make this significant investment much more manageable.
Your Best Way to Hire a Roofing Contractor in Minnesota
We know how hard it can be to put your home in the hands of someone who’s essentially a stranger, even when you need emergency storm repairs. You need someone with integrity and experience that you can trust to do the job right and treat you with respect along the way. And that’s what Northface Construction is here to do for you!
Our family-owned roofing and construction company loves what we do, and our team will work enthusiastically to repair or replace your roof with ease. We’re committed to providing high-quality work, and we’ll treat your home like our home, so you know you’re in good hands.
Get in touch with us today to schedule your roofing services with an expert team you can trust.